We know Barack Obama is smooth on the campaign trail, but from the sounds of things the President’s swag was in full effect long before he set his sites on the oval office.
In a new campaign video, “Dinner With Barack and Michelle,” The President and First Lady share a meal with the winners of the 2012 President’s Dinner Contest held earlier this month and they open up about their personal and family lives. When President Obama talked about his first date with Michelle, who was his supervisor at a Chicago law firm at the time, he admitted to knowing just how to get her.
“I took her to the Art Museum at the Art Institute, I was trying to impress her, to show her I was a real culturally sensitive guy. And it worked!”
Not denying the effect President Obama’s date choice had on her, Michelle chimed in with confirmation at the same time, saying “It worked.”
In an effort to help clueless men everywhere, the President said:
“Just trying to give a tip for the young men out there.”
These men might just want to listen up too because the couple’s story about the sparks that flew during their first outing has not changed. In a 2009 interview with CNN, Michelle said when she first met Barack he was cuter than she thought he’d be, and it didn’t take long for her to become completely smitten. “Probably, by the end of that date, it was over. I was sold.”
In the short 6-minute video, the couple also talks about their parenting experiences—like the president failing miserably at doing Malia’s hair for a dance recital—and what motivates them to lead the country.
Check out this clip of dinner with Barack and Michelle here. Don’t you just love this couple?!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City.Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- When Tweeting Goes Wrong: 6 Celebrity Scuffles & Screw Ups On Twitter
- Are You In Love With Being In Love? Reasons Why Being A Romantic Can Ruin You
- Star Wars: The Best Of Celebrity Feuds
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Man (Extended Cut)
- Check Your Child: 8 Tips For Keeping Your Daughter Off The Pole
- Don’t Text Your Ex! Thing To Tell Yourself Before Picking Up The Phone
- Take It To The Floor: Maxi Dresses That Will Sweep You Into Spring
- Give & Take: Signs That You Are Too Much Of A Giver