If the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, the easiest way to piss him off is through his wallet. That appears to be the game plan for “Basketball Wives’” Kenya Bell, according to her soon-to-be ex-husband, Charlie Bell.
These two have been in a long divorce battle with Kenya pulling a Pilar Sanders/Tawanna Iverson move—claiming Charlie is living lavish while she struggles to care for their children. Charlie fired back with his own court documents though, saying if Kenya’s worried about feeding the kids she should stop spending money recklessly on things like:
- A Corvette, which she purchased for $82,000, drove for three weeks, then resold for $61,000
- A $12,000 motorcycle
- Criminal attorneys–$20,000
- Her brother’s electric bill which came up to $3,000 (um, does he ever turn off the lights?)
- $9,000 worth of luggage and shoes
- Plastic Surgery, which he said cost a whopping $110,000
Charlie says Kenya racked up another $150,000 in “miscellaneous expenses to get even with Mr. Bell,” I’m thinking some of that went toward her “budding” music career. The pro baller who’s currently playing overseas in Italy also says he gave Kenya $200,000 before he even left for Europe so her request that the court make him set aside a large chunk of his money for support should be denied.
I really wonder what some of these women would do if they had to raise kids on modest budgets like most Americans do. Kenya might want to pay more attention to a potential custody battle with her ex rather than a financial one. Considering she was arrested in May 2011 for breaking into the couple’s home and attacking Charlie with a box cutter in front of their two children, I can see him snatching those kids out from under her.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- When Tweeting Goes Wrong: 6 Celebrity Scuffles & Screw Ups On Twitter
- Are You In Love With Being In Love? Reasons Why Being A Romantic Can Ruin You
- Star Wars: The Best Of Celebrity Feuds
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Man (Extended Cut)
- Check Your Child: 8 Tips For Keeping Your Daughter Off The Pole
- Don’t Text Your Ex! Thing To Tell Yourself Before Picking Up The Phone
- Take It To The Floor: Maxi Dresses That Will Sweep You Into Spring
- Give & Take: Signs That You Are Too Much Of A Giver