Esquire Writer Says Women Aren’t As Good In Bed As They Think
If you’re one of those women who’s constantly complaining about how bad your man is in bed, a writer for Esquire has some words for you: you’re not as good as you think.
In a short, to the point, let me set these women straight article for their April Sex Issue, Chris Jones gives women a taste of their own, “he’s wack” medicine, by pointing out the fact that contrary to some of our popular beliefs, our bedroom game might not be all that we think it is. He writes:
“The trouble is, most women act as though they’re sexual Olympians, as though they’re doing the men in their lives the greatest of favors merely by presenting themselves like a downed deer strapped to the hood of a car. Some of you are deluding yourselves. Sex is not like pizza. Only blowjobs are.”
Angry much? After giving his own pro-tip, which turned into a five-point rant about positions, odor, and knowing your own body that I’ll let you read at your leisure, he ends with this:
“The bottom line is that if your sex life is bad, you bear at least some of the blame — maybe even an entire half of it. Do you want better, more satisfying sex? Tell your eager man what you’d like him to do to you. And don’t be afraid to let it all out.”
Given that the writer only considers himself “adequate” in bed, falling somewhere between “not totally unpleasant, but not totally pleasant, either,” I don’t know how much weight his advice holds. But he does have a point about women needing to put in as much work as a man. The only thing is if you tell a man what you need him to do and he still can’t do it, I think women have the right to declare him wack and move on.
What do you think about this article? Is the writer just a bitter lover or is he telling the truth?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job