Say It Ain’t So: Toni To Leave ‘Braxton Family Values’?!
When you watch the “Braxton Family Values” on TV you get the vibe that Toni is a little bit over the pressure to have to carry her sisters to success on her back. From her aversion to a Braxton sister’s album and wanting to maintain a solo act, to her increasingly smaller role on their reality show, Toni might just be over the whole “we are family” thing.
That’s pretty much what she confirmed on the second season reunion special that aired last night. Wendy Williams asked Toni why we’d seen so much less of her during episodes and she basically said she’s tired of being followed by cameras.
“It is extremely invasive,” Toni said. “Everywhere you go in your life is ‘there,’ and for me, I don’t like that.”
“Over time you forget that the cameras are there, and then you become completely open and … you’re exposed.”
Speaking on season 3 of the show, Wendy Williams asked if Toni will now be seen maybe 10 percent of the time now and, Toni responded, “Or zero percent.”
Of course Tamar let out a resounding “no” and said “‘The Braxtons’ is not ‘The Braxtons’ without Toni” but Toni didn’t look like she was hearing it.
I actually think the show could survive without Toni but now that Tamar and Vince are getting their own spin-off, she might fill everyone’s Braxton craving on her own show and people won’t really care what Traci, Trina, and Towanda are doing.
What do you think? Can the show go on without Toni?
And who knows, maybe she wants to go so that she can focus back on her music alone? She did just release a video for her new track, “I Heart You.” What do you think? Pass or play?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job