Serena Williams might be giving us a little insight into why things didn’t work out with Common, Drake, or anyone else she’s been linked to romantically in the past year in the April issue of Sister to Sister. She told the magazine that any man she marries must be a Jehovah’s Witness.
“I think it’s important when you marry to be evenly yoked,” Serena said.
If you’re out there thinking, hold up, what about her own faith? Don’t trip. She’s working on it.
“I’ve been studying to be a Jehovah’s Witness, so I go to Kingdom Hall,” she told S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown. “I grew up a Witness and it’s what I know and we teach things that come from the Bible.”
It definitely sounds like the 30-year-old might be getting that marriage itch as she renews her faith. There are only a few famous Jehovah’s Witnesses that come to mind so this tennis pro might end up settling down with a man out of the spotlight. What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of “227″
- He Wrote That? The Surprising Songwriters Behind Some Of Our Favorite Songs
- 7 Ways Your Relationship Should Get Better Over The Years
- Nice & Slow: R&B Singers Who’ Are A Little Soft
- Make It Last Forever: 6 Ways To Improve Your Marriage
- New MN Series: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: The Life Of A Single Black Man
- LaLa Addresses Confrontation With Melo’s Assistant And Open Marriage Rumors
- Backlash To Awkward Black Girl’s Shorty Award Win Is Awkward