It’s been a long uphill climb for women and an especially burdensome one for black women. The beaten that we’ve often taken blazing our own trails has left our self-esteem and self-images quite battered and bruised. Which is why we have celebrated, and continue to celebrate, those famous black female figures that we do so fiercely. They taught their generations, and all those that followed, that black was, and always will be, beautiful.
So in honor of National Women’s History Month, we’re celebrating eight great black women in movies, music, modeling, and social movements, who taught us to love ourselves through their own strength, beauty, and undeniably fabulous styles.
For the full story, visit StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black CelebsII
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon