I know everybody has their own parenting style but Alicia Silverstone’s feeding technique is seriously making me ask, WTF? The “Clueless” actress posted a video of her odd feeding style with her 10-month-old son Bear on her website a few days ago along with this note:
“I just had a delicious breakfast of miso soup, collards and radish steamed and drizzled with flax oil, cast iron mochi with nori wrapped outside, and some grated daikon. Yum! I fed Bear the mochi and a tiny bit of veggies from the soup…from my mouth to his. It’s his favorite…and mine. He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating. This video was taken about a month or 2 ago when he was a bit wobbly. Now he is grabbing my mouth to get the food!”
As someone who doesn’t even care for parents kissing their kids on the mouth I know why my stomach turned at this. But while some observers have asked, wouldn’t a food processor or mashing up his meal be easier, other mothers have mentioned doing the same thing, calling the technique not only practical and healthy because of the pre-digestion process, but also a way to bond with your child. I’ll let you be the judge.
Check out the video of Alicia feeding Bear here. Would you feed your child this way?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”