Dennis Rodman Too Sick to Pay Child Support?
Some men will try anything to avoid taking care of their kids and now you can add Dennis Rodman to the growing list of sorry fathers.
Dennis’ ex-wife Michelle Rodman filed court papers this month, claiming he owes $808,935 in unpaid child support for his 9- and 10-year-old children, plus an additional $51,441 in unpaid spousal support. So basically, he needs to come off of almost $1 million. Dennis’ lawyer however, says he ain’t got it, claiming “Respondent Dennis Rodman is broke and cannot afford any additional fees.”
Why not? Well, according to him, Dennis isn’t making what he used to back in the day, which doesn’t surprise anyone considering the Bulls’ glory days are long over. But he also says Dennis is “extremely sick.” A rep told TMZ the supposed sickness refers to the former baller’s ongoing battle with alcoholism, although Dennis visited a doctor a few months ago and he’s in “great physical shape.”
I’m with Dennis on the claim that he can’t afford these high payments anymore but why would you just stop paying altogether? His legal team says the child support figure is based on an order Michelle obtained behind his back, requiring him to pay $50,000 a month in child support. He’s supposedly been fighting the order since 2010, but now that he’s let everything go unpaid he’s facing a possible 20-day sentence in jail. Sounds like him and T.O. need to start a support group.
What do you think about Dennis’ Rodman’s case? Should he go to jail?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”