Nene Leakes Lands Recurring Roles on Fox and NBC
Nene’s reign on TV is spanning far beyond Bravo and a stint on “Celebrity Apprentice.” The real housewife of Atlanta already made an appearance on “Glee” earlier this season as rival cheerleading coach Roz Washington and now she’s been granted a recurring role as that character.
But that’s not all, Nene is teaming up with “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy for another project on NBC. The comedy pilot, “The New Normal,” will be about a blended family of a gay couple and their surrogate. Nene is said to be playing a character named Rocky, which will be a heavily recurring role, but that’s about all the details that have been shared on that.
This all sounds pretty interesting. Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of Ms. Leakes, honey.
What do you think? Are you happy to see Nene getting her acting on or do you wish she’d go away?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”