Poor Allen, he just doesn’t have a clue. If a divorce petition could be thrown out because the people involved were still sleeping together, America probably wouldn’t have a 50 percent divorce rate right now. But nevertheless, the former NBA player says his wife’s divorce filing should be null and void based on those grounds.
According to TMZ, last week Allen filed a motion to dismiss his pending divorce case, claiming he and his wife Tawanna had temporarily reconciled from November 2011 to February 2012 and had “resumed their marital relationship, cohabiting, having relations and holding themselves out as husband and wife.” In his mind, knocking the boots means their marriage isn’t “irretrievably broken,” as she claimed.
Now before you get all mushy thinking this is a man trying to save his relationship and family, TMZ speculates this could just be a move by Allen to avoid having to pay child support—SMH. Considering we’re talking about a man who put buying jewelry he couldn’t afford before feeding his family, I’m thinking they’re on to something. It’s cute he thinks sex changes divorce though.
What do you think about Allen’s legal move? Does he have a point or is he just trying to save his wallet?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”