Oh Bobby. Whitney Houston’s ex-husband was booked on suspicion of drunk driving yesterday after being pulled over by cops around noon in Reseda, CA. Bobby was intially pulled over for talking on his cell phone but cops must have smelled the liquor on him because they administered a field sobriety test and when Bobby blew somewhere between 0.8 and 0.12, depending on the new source, he was taken into custody.
Police say Bobby cooperated with the arrest, and no illegal items were found inside his car. Not long after the 43-year-old was taken directly to Van Nuys jail, his “people’ bailed him out, but he’s not totally out of trouble yet.
If Bobby is convicted of drunk driving, this would be his second DUI. In 1996, he was arrested in Georgia on suspicion of drunk driving and pled guilty to the charge, having to serve eight days in jail. Sixteen years later, the man still hasn’t learned his lesson.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”