Garage Magazine Shows Love For Black Hair
Where one Italian magazine screws up, another picks up the pieces. The jury is still out on whether Vogue Italia‘s haute mess couture spread was an intentional mockery of black culture, but there’s no question Garage magazine is celebrating black manes in it’s Spring/Summer fashion spread.
The “Fractional Affinities” editorial in Dasha Zhukova’s semi-annual mag features models Ataui Deng, Jeneil Williams, Cora Keegan, and Nairoby Matos doing what models do—striking gorgeous poses—captured by photographer Elle Muliarchyk. There’s nothing over the top or understated about it, just an elegant and rare celebration of our hair, and as Jezebel points out in their shout out to Garage for the feature, hairstylists Astou Toure and Thomas Dunkin are the ones who deserve the real credit for the beautiful coifs they created.
Check out more images on trendhunter.com. What do you think about the spread?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shawty Swing My Way! Baseball Cuties We Love
- Brighten Up Your Day! Pops Of Color To Add To Your Wardrobe!
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- I’m Not Saying She’s A Gold Digger But She’s Not Messing With…
- Ladies, Has It Been Awhile? 6 Ways to Take the ‘Edge’ Off
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- Are They Related? Black Celebs (And Non-Black Celebs) Who Look Like They Could Be Siblings
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”