What’s that line Tami is always giving about how VH1 picks and chooses which scenes to show of her and how she’s portrayed unfairly? It seems the “Basketball Wives” star is getting a taste of her own medicine with a lawsuit that’s been filed against her.
The owners of Crème De La Crème Hair have filed a suit against Tami saying she hasn’t upheld her end of the bargain in an endorsement deal they signed. The product was supposed to be featured on the show during a business meeting we’d see between Tami and the owners during this season of the show, but taping never happened and the owners say Tami avoided every attempt to set the scene up.
And while Crème may have been willing to overlook that slight, Tami added insult to injury when instead of showing up at an Atlanta hair show to promote Crème as was agreed upon, she brought the “Basketball Wives” filming crew to tape her show off her own line of hair. Now, the Crème De La Crème owners say they want all of the footage from the Atlanta hair show to be pulled, unless it features them, and $75,000 for excess damages.
Tami responded to the allegations, telling TMZ:
“My responsibility is to my fans and supporters. I can no longer be affiliated with a company that does not uphold my standards with regards to quality business practices.”
I’m not sure what those “quality business practices are,” but we know Tami is much more of a fighter than a lover so it’s not surprising she had this to say about the suit on Twitter:
“Biggie said it best, more money, more problems LOL…but a lawsuit when I’ve been respectful-guess I can start TALKING too…U won’t b happy.”
I bet that’s a scene that will make the show. I see where Crème is coming from with their suit, but I doubt the decision not to film a scene with their product was all Tami’s doing.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shawty Swing My Way! Baseball Cuties We Love
- Brighten Up Your Day! Pops Of Color To Add To Your Wardrobe!
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- I’m Not Saying She’s A Gold Digger But She’s Not Messing With…
- Ladies, Has It Been Awhile? 6 Ways to Take the ‘Edge’ Off
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- Are They Related? Black Celebs (And Non-Black Celebs) Who Look Like They Could Be Siblings
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”