I think we’ve all been there: stuck in traffic just burning to get in the house to sit down somewhere after going through a hard day or hard times in general. But instead, you’re staring at the back of the head of a stranger in their rusty car moving inch by inch. You know what you need? According to jazz bassist and singer Esperanza Spalding, you need to hear your jam. And not the jam on your iPod, but the one on the radio that you never heard but can’t stop tapping your foot and singing the wrong lyrics to. We’ve all probably been guilty of making up some lyrics, right? As she says, “You can’t help singing along, even though you’ve never heard it, you keep singing it wrong!” And this song, “Radio song,” will indeed keep you moving.
Love the lyrics and the way this song changes every few minutes to surprise you (the pianist was working hard!). I wouldn’t deny it if I was stuck in a car (too bad I take the subway). But I think I’ll go find it and add it to my playlist because it just screams summer! It definitely sounds like a spirit lifter to waltz down the street with (in some wedges with your shades on?). Yep, “this song’s THE one.” Check it and let us know your thoughts:
But what do you think? Pass or play?
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating While Separated? You Were Asking For Trouble Adrian Wilson
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers
- Should Non-African Blacks Be Cast in African Roles?
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- That’s My Cousin! Famous Black Celebrities Who Are Related
- MN Exclusive: Tashera Simmons on Why Therapy Was “Life Changing” For Her and DMX
- 4 DIY Home-Made Facial Masks To Rejuvenate Your Skin