Here she goes singing again.
But Nicki Minaj is not alone in her attempt to pretend she can sing on the track “Right By My Side.” She gets some backup from Chris Brown on this poppy, formulaic track. And by formulaic, I mean that it sounds exactly like everything else on the radio. Not all too well executed, pretty repetitive…you get the idea. And is that Auto-tune I hear? *sighs* At this point in the game, if you have to rely on Auto-tune, just stick to what you do best and leave singing to the pros.
But in all honesty, this track could be pretty decent if Minaj just stuck to lyrical tirades about ratchet chicks like she does around the 2: 50 mark. But alas, we’re all pretty clear on the fact that she’s changed and is hoping to be a mainstay in the pop world, so this track fits. The song will be on her upcoming album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which comes out April 3. Check it out below and let us know if you’ll be rocking in the club to it, or shuddering at the mere thought of it later.
Sooooo. Pass or play for you?
More on Madame Noire!
- What Did You Do To My Hair!? 6 Signs You’re Dealing With a Ratchet Stylist
- Trayvon Martin, His Witness and What We Should Be Teaching Our Children About Racism
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “A Different World”
- I Thought You Were Black? Teacher Tells Student to Read ‘Blacker’ in Class
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Oh, The Ratchetness! Lewd Songs Women Can’t Deny They Love
- Monica and Brandy Open Up About Their Physical Altercation Back in 1998