Nicki’s gone pop for real—as in beverages. Forbes reports that the first female to grace it’s hip hop cash kings list last year will no doubt rank even higher in 2012 now that she’s signed a multi-million dollar deal with Pepsi.
Nicki Minaj will be the face of the cola giant’s new campaign and a commercial filmed with the rap star in South America is expected to debut within a couple of months. According to Derek Jackson, the Glu agency chief who brokered the deal,
“That’ll be a segue into a new beverage Pepsi has, called ‘Pop,’ and she’ll be the face of the brand … it’s going to be explosive.”
Everything Nicki does is over the top so that’s not hard to believe.
The barbie doll’s deal is one of two major partnerships between Pepsi and Young Money Cash Money. Lil Wayne just debuted his DEWeezy campaign under Pepsi’s Mountain Dew brand at South by Southwest, and although details of his contract haven’t been revealed, Nicki Minaj is said to be bringing in seven figures for her “Pop” deal.
Get ready to see a whole lot more of Nicki on your screen.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Did You Do To My Hair!? 6 Signs You’re Dealing With a Ratchet Stylist
- Trayvon Martin, His Witness and What We Should Be Teaching Our Children About Racism
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “A Different World”
- I Thought You Were Black? Teacher Tells Student to Read ‘Blacker’ in Class
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Oh, The Ratchetness! Lewd Songs Women Can’t Deny They Love
- Monica and Brandy Open Up About Their Physical Altercation Back in 1998