President Obama’s star-studded New York City fundraiser was definitely a girl power event—at least as far as the Knowles-Carter family goes. Last night, Beyonce, her mother Tina, her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, and her cousin Angie Beyince, stepped out together for an exclusive event at the Greenwich Hotel to make sure President Barack Obama gets reelected this year.
Tina Knowles co-hosted the fundraiser, which featured an appearance by First Lady, Michelle Obama, along with Whoopi Goldberg, Angela Bassett, and Star Jones. It’s easy to see why the room was full of stars. According to the Hollywood Reporter, tickets to the event were $5,000, which got you a photo with Mrs. Obama, and for $25,000, you could attend a private greet session with the First Lady.
I imagine Beyonce and her crew didn’t have to do all that since her husband Jay has “Obama on the text” and all, but I must say the ladies look lovely.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Did You Do To My Hair!? 6 Signs You’re Dealing With a Ratchet Stylist
- Trayvon Martin, His Witness and What We Should Be Teaching Our Children About Racism
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “A Different World”
- I Thought You Were Black? Teacher Tells Student to Read ‘Blacker’ in Class
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Oh, The Ratchetness! Lewd Songs Women Can’t Deny They Love
- Monica and Brandy Open Up About Their Physical Altercation Back in 1998