Jay-Z is looking out for his wife and the whole Carter family big time with a new deal he’s trying to put in the works. Since Beyonce has a joint management deal with her husband’s label Roc Nation and Live Nation, Jay has approached Live Nation to sign a $150 million touring deal for Bey.
Jay-Z is said to believe the exclusive shows on the world tour would be a complete sell-out, saying demand for Bey hasn’t dropped at all since she’s taken a small break to have Blue Ivy, but Live Nation may feel a bit differently. A source told the New York Post:
“Just weeks after the birth of Blue Ivy, Jay met with Live Nation to discuss a tour for Beyoncé, he wanted a deal worth about $150 million, but they countered with a lower offer.”
Live Nation might also just be trying to get the most bang for their buck because any show Bey puts on is pretty much guaranteed to sell out, and people are probably more anxious than ever to see if she’s still got it post-baby. In 2008, Jay signed a $150 million, 10-year deal with Roc Nation for recordings, tours, and entertainment ventures so I respect him trying to get the same money for his wife.
What do you think? Is $150 million too much to ask or does Bey demand that type of deal?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Drop That Drink! Hidden Calories That Can Ruin Your Diet
- Chemistry Clash! Couples Whose Love Seems Lost…
- What You See Is What You Get: Red Flags Women Ignore
- Ruben Studdard – Life After “American Idol”
- Bedroom Breakdown: What His Moves Really Mean…
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- It Could Happen to You: Gay Men and the Women Who Date Them
- Style to Steal or Girl, Stop: Jada, J.Lo, Tyra and More Hot Looks and Hot Messes From This Week