Everyone misses Tracee Ellis Ross as Joan on “Girlfriends,” but our favorite funny lady is back to star as another high-powered woman in a different kind of show about a group of women.
Tracee has just been cast as one of the leads in the NBC pilot for a new show called “Bad Girls.” The drama is adapted from the long-running UK series and it will follow the lives of a group of unlikely women in a federal prison. According to Deadline.com, Tracee will play Rachel, a high-powered business woman who is serving time for selling phony mortgages. Because her character delayed having kids to pursue her career, she’s now desperate to get pregnant, which is where the drama is sure to unfold as that’s not so likely to happen behind prison bars.
There’s no word on when filming is set to begin or when the series will make it’s debut, but Jurnee Smollett, Rick Gonzalez and Zoe Boyle, have also been cast in the new drama. The interesting plot definitely makes this sound like a show worth watching. I wonder what this new project means for “Reed Between the Lines?”
What do you think about this plot? Are you excited to see Tracee Ellis Ross in a serious role?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Harry, George, and Other Random White Boys Who Can Bust A Move
- Listen Up Ladies: 7 Things We’d Like to Say to Our Facebook Followers
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Sleepy Tummys and Office Romances
- Ruben Studdard – Life After “American Idol”
- Editor’s Picks: Toni Morrison’s Top 5 Books That You Should Read ASAP
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Former Friend of Phaedra Parks Exposes Her Criminal Past
- What Happened To These Child Stars?