Lifetime has been airing ‘The Bodyguard’ nearly every weekend since Whitney Houston passed, but now fans will have a chance to see the 1992 love story on the big screen again.
On March 28, these select theaters will show the film for one night only, not only in honor of Whitney Houston but also the film’s 20th Anniversary. When “The Bodyguard” was released in 1992, it became one of the highest-grossing films of the year both in North America and worldwide, and it has stood out over time for it’s soundtrack featuring Whitney singing her classics, “Run to You,” “I Have Nothing,” and of course, “I Will Always Love You.”
Another look on the big screen will also give fans a chance to look back on the chemistry Whitney Houston’s co-star Kevin Costner talked about at her funeral, and her questioning whether she was good enough. He said, “Whitney, if you could hear me now, I would tell you you weren’t just good enough. You were great.”
Check out the list of participating theaters here. Do you plan on heading to see “The Bodyguard” again March 28?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Harry, George, and Other Random White Boys Who Can Bust A Move
- Listen Up Ladies: 7 Things We’d Like to Say to Our Facebook Followers
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Sleepy Tummys and Office Romances
- Ruben Studdard – Life After “American Idol”
- Editor’s Picks: Toni Morrison’s Top 5 Books That You Should Read ASAP
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Former Friend of Phaedra Parks Exposes Her Criminal Past
- What Happened To These Child Stars?