Solange is the Face of Carol’s Daughter’s New Natural Transition Movement
If you’re thinking about going natural or still struggling to find the best products since you made the big chop, Carol’s Daughter will soon have you covered. The natural skin and hair care line is launching a specific effort to help naturals everywhere with thetransitionmovement.com, and Solange Knowles has been named the face of the new campaign.
In the 30-second clip below, Solange teases the site launch, but overall details on what all is involved in the movement are slim. According to the website, the movement is expected to drop in the spring, presumably with new products and tips on how to handle your natural tresses as you transition. A few hair bloggers feel calling natural hair a movement makes the decision seem more like a trend rather than an effort to have healthier hair—and they say it’s a tad late considering how many women have already opted to forgo chemicals—but I figure the more product options black women have to take care of their hair, the better.
Check out the clip and tell us what you think about the idea of Carol’s Daughter’s new transition movement?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Happened To These Child Stars?
- Tell ‘Em Why You’re Mad: Ladies, Are We Way Too Hard on Each Other?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Sleepy Tummys and Office Romances
- White Female Rapper: New Wave in Hip Hop or Pure Minstrelsy?
- What You Can And Can’t Fix About Your Sex Life’
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady