It Only Takes a Second: Toddler Falls Into Septic Tank While Playing Outside and Drowns
A tragedy occurred earlier this week in the area of Lakewood, N.J. While running around in the backyard of her home and frolicking with her siblings, a 2-year-old girl accidentally fell into an open septic tank and drowned. When the little girl disappeared unexpectedly while the kids were playing, her worried mother, Marina Matias, reported her missing around 5 p.m. on Monday. When the police came to the home and searched around the area, they noticed a 3-foot wide, open septic tank in the ground and called the Public Works Department to pump water from the tank. Sadly, a few hours later, the little girl was found inside it.
An autopsy was just done, and as you were probably thinking, it was confirmed that the cause of death was accidental drowning. Though the little girl was playing with her four siblings, and the tank was not far from the back door of the home her family was staying in, no one heard or saw her fall. It’s not clear why the septic tank was open for her to wind up in, but sources say the house itself was in pretty bad shape. Neighbors actually thought the family would have left it behind way before the little girl drowned in the backyard.
When you let your children run around with their brothers and sisters, you always hope they’ll be and stay safe, but sadly, that was not this case in this situation. Really sad circumstances. Please watch out for your babies people, because anything can happen in the blink of an eye.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Happened To These Child Stars?
- Tell ‘Em Why You’re Mad: Ladies, Are We Way Too Hard on Each Other?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Sleepy Tummys and Office Romances
- White Female Rapper: New Wave in Hip Hop or Pure Minstrelsy?
- What You Can And Can’t Fix About Your Sex Life’
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady