Yolanda:Is it wrong to ask your husband/boyfriend to change their wardrobe if you’re not crazy about it? #shallowquestion lol
D.Y: I’m going to say no. Asking and suggesting for him to make some changes is better than demanding and insisting.
I have to warn you, though, you’re opening a Pandora’s Box. Since you’re offering unsolicited constructive criticism, you can’t be mad at him if he starts offering it too. Today’s “Hey babe, would you mind if I bought you some new shirts” could be tomorrow’s “Hey babe. I think you need to start hitting the gym with me. I noticed that your tummy’s looking kind of sleepy lately.”
Pittsburgh native Damon Young (aka “The Champ”) is the co-founder of the ridiculously popularVerySmartBrothas.com. Their first book “Your Degrees Won’t Keep You Warm At Night: The Very Smart Brothas Guide To Dating, Mating and Fighting Crime” is available at Amazon.com
Do you want to speak to Damon in real time? Join us on our Facebook page, next Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
More on Madame Noire!
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady
- Where Has He Been?? Love Jones Creator Explains His Disappearance
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Would You Be Cool Not Being Claimed By Your Man?
- Leah Remini: Sharon Osbourne Had Holly & I Fired Because We Were ‘Ghetto’
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- 7 Dating Patterns Many Women Fall Into