Officially Heard it All: Ray J’s Becoming a Preacher?
Yes, you read that right; and no, it’s not a joke. Sex-tape-leaking, pick-a-woman-out-of-a-lineup-on-a-reality-tv-show-staring, tell-all-book-writing Ray J may be trading in his secular songs for spiritual hymns. According to sources close to him, Whitney Houston’s death is taking a toll on Ray J so much so that’s he’s considering becoming a preacher.
While this news sounds completely left-field and unfathomable there is slight proof to back it up. On Friday, Ray J held a press conference for the Brotherhood Crusade, a community organization he’s been involved with since the age of 16, and during his speech, Ray J said he’s heard a word from on high.
“God is talking to me,” he said as he talked about keeping a photo of Whitney in his phone and mourning her death. “God is talking to me right now and now is the time for me to listen, and my ears are open.”
I’m not gonna question God, and I know Ray J grew up in the church, but it is so hard to take this man seriously.
Check out his press conference below and tell us what you think. Are we looking at the future Reverend Raymond Norwood?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady
- Where Has He Been?? Love Jones Creator Explains His Disappearance
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Would You Be Cool Not Being Claimed By Your Man?
- Leah Remini: Sharon Osbourne Had Holly & I Fired Because We Were ‘Ghetto’
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- 7 Dating Patterns Many Women Fall Into