Nicki Minaj wasn’t playing when she told Jay Z “I’m coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul.’” The rapper recently told Allure magazine in her April cover feature that she had a little chat with Jay about expanding her empire at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show last year, and now it seems she’s making good on that promise. According to Eurweb, Nicki was recently asked whether she’d ever consider writing a book, and she tweeted that she’s actually already working on two.
The jump isn’t totally surprising since most artists eventually drop a memoir, and Nicki has already expanded her scope far beyond music with a MAC lipstick line and nail polish line through OPI. Nicki didn’t say what the focus of her books will be, but whatever they are, I’m sure they fit in perfectly with her carefully crafted career. She told Allure:
‘I never thought about music as just being the end-all, be-all. I always looked at it like a business, something that I could create an empire out of. So that’s why I’m only about to put out my second album and I’m already thinking about this.”
What do you think about Nicki Minaj as an author? Would you check out her books?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where’s My Belt!? Children of Celebrities Who Have Acted a Fool
- Switch Up the Style for the Season: Hair Suggestions for the Spring
- Double Take! Celebs’ Who Look Just Like Their Parents
- Golden Girls! Gorgeous Gold Accessories – EDITOR PICKS
- 7 Things Most Men Learn About Women Eventually
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- First Look: Fantasia’s Baby Boy Dallas Xavier
- Nothing But Natural! Great Hair Blogs For Natural Sistahs