With all the hair products out there being marketed to us on the daily, we sometimes overlook the natural ingredients available to us. Natural substances like shea butter, vitamin E oil and argan oil are often integrated into today’s hair products; however, these ingredients are available and ready to use alone. One of my favorites is jojoba oil, which I find absorbs easier and has a lighter consistency than other oils.
I mix a couple of drops of it with my conditioner, and use it as a weekly moisturizer for my scalp. It absorbs very fast and doesn’t leave a greasy residue.
There are other uses for the oil as well. You can use it to remove make-up as well as a nightly facial moisturizer. Although some people like to use it as an all over moisturizer after the shower, the oil is quite too expensive for me to recommend that.
Some of the products that include jojoba oil as an ingredient include Hobe Labs Energizer Hot Oil Hair Treatment,Crabtree Evelyn Jojoba Oil Hair Conditioner, Lustrasilk Placenta & Jojoba Oil Cholesterol Cream, and KeraCare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil.
Have you tried jojoba oil on your hair? How has it worked for you?
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s My Nappiversary: 7 Things I Learned Since Going Natural
- 7 Celebrities We’d NEVER Date
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs Part II
- Where Have All The Good Black Men Gone?
- I Do….Again and Again! Celebs Who Keep On Walking Down That Aisle
- A Final Word: What Drove Whitney To Bobby?
- Karrine Steffans, Please Have a Seat and Delete Your Twitter Account While You’re at It
- Uplifting Nuggets of Wisdom From Maya Angelou