Oprah has only shared a few covers in the 12-year history of her magazine so when she does you know the other person is someone special. First it was Michelle Obama, then Ellen, and now she’s featured with her long-time partner Stedman, sort of.
The mag’s April issue is all about food, and on the cover Oprah is seen handing her signature “love sandwich” to an unknown person. When you flip the page, the mystery man is none other than her boo, Stedman. For the media mogul, sharing a cover is almost as special as making the heart-shaped “love sandwich,” she’s handing him in the pic. Oprah says the treat has become the couple’s Saturday afternoon tradition.
“It became the Love Sandwich because I first started making it just for Stedman,” she said. “I’ve only made it for a couple of other people, so if you’ve had me make the Love Sandwich for you, you have to be somebody I really care about.”
Of course some people just have to find a problem with everything, and a few have said the fact that Stedman isn’t technically on the full cover is a little suspect—besides the fact a lot of folks still don’t believe they’re a real couple. I happen to think the mystery of the pull-out cover is sweet.
The issue hits newsstands Mar. 13. What do you think of the cover, sweet or suspect?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s My Nappiversary: 7 Things I Learned Since Going Natural
- 7 Celebrities We’d NEVER Date
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs Part II
- Where Have All The Good Black Men Gone?
- I Do….Again and Again! Celebs Who Keep On Walking Down That Aisle
- A Final Word: What Drove Whitney To Bobby?
- Karrine Steffans, Please Have a Seat and Delete Your Twitter Account While You’re at It
- Uplifting Nuggets of Wisdom From Maya Angelou