What’s the Point?: Is Vogue Italia’s “Haute Mess” Issue Offensive?
Just a few weeks ago, we were celebrating the fact that Vogue Italia was featuring Joan Smalls, a model of color, on the cover of this month’s issue, the first woman of color to grace the magazine after four years.
Turns, out we may have to take that praise right back because the actual “Haute Mess” spread is a bit stereotypical at best. Looking at the pictures, which seem like they could come straight out of the movie “BAPS”, you just have to wonder, what messages was Vogue Italia trying to send?
Check out the pics at StyleBlazer.com and let us know what you think.
Are these images too much?
More on Madame Noire!
- Karrine Steffans, Please Have a Seat and Delete Your Twitter Account While You’re at It
- Tips to Maintaining a Weave: Products, Hair Recommendations and More
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Sifting Through the Sh!t & Waiting for Him to Commit
- Top Beauty Picks: Exfoliators For Every Type of Skin
- When His Problems Shouldn’t Be Yours
- A Final Word: What Drove Whitney To Bobby?
- Celebs Who Rode Their Famous Sibling’s Coattails to Success
- Uplifting Nuggets of Wisdom From Maya Angelou