Rihanna’s Dad Says She Was Getting Fat; Glad She’s Back to ‘Normal Size’
Now I understand why Rihanna was estranged from her father until 2010: The man is nuts.
Heat magazine somehow got in touch with Ronald Fenty, and although you’d think a man who’d only recently reunited with his daughter would tread lightly when speaking about her, he said this:
“I actually thought she was a little fat the last time I saw her. But when I saw her at this year’s Grammys, I thought she was back to her normal size. I used to joke with her, ‘Robyn, you’re getting too fat’. But I think she’s fine.
“I think she looked excellent, as everyone saw, at the Grammys. She’s dieting, she’s working out.”
Um, the only thing I’ve ever seen close to fat around Rihanna was a blunt—on the same vacation where she wore the tiniest string bikinis ever made and didn’t have a dimple, curve, or inch of cellulite in sight. And even if she had managed to gain a few pounds, is that really something you broadcast to a national magazine?
But don’t worry, it gets better. Ronald also gave his two cents (which is about all his comment is worth) on his daughter’s rumored reunion with Chris Brown, saying:
“Chris is a nice guy and everybody’s entitled to make mistakes in their life. God knows how many I’ve made. She’s her own woman now.”
We’re going to consider this interview his latest. No wonder that girl has issues.
What do you think about what Rihanna’s dad said? Is he clearly part of the reason she’s such a wild child?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Karrine Steffans, Please Have a Seat and Delete Your Twitter Account While You’re at It
- Tips to Maintaining a Weave: Products, Hair Recommendations and More
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Sifting Through the Sh!t & Waiting for Him to Commit
- Top Beauty Picks: Exfoliators For Every Type of Skin
- When His Problems Shouldn’t Be Yours
- A Final Word: What Drove Whitney To Bobby?
- Celebs Who Rode Their Famous Sibling’s Coattails to Success
- Uplifting Nuggets of Wisdom From Maya Angelou