It’s crazy to think that nearly 11 years have passed since Aaliyah died but fans who have been missing the R&B singer since 2001 finally have the chance to hear new music from the female artist who was taken away so suddenly.
Music producer Jeffrey “J.Dub” Walker, who worked on Aaliyah’s final self-titled album, announced that a new project is on the way and he said he will be featured. Yesterday he tweeted:
“Just got great news today; the smash unreleased song called “Steady Ground” I produced on #Aaliyah is gonna be on her upcoming album:)”.
No additional details about when the project will be released or what has taken so long to get the green light have been shared but J. Dub has definitely piqued the R&B community’s interest. Hopefully Missy and Timbaland will be featured on the project and fans get that Aaliyah sound they’ve been missing for so long. This is definitely great news.
How excited are you to hear new music from Aaliyah?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is He Somebody’s Elses Guy? How To Forget A Forbidden Love
- Face Off! Natural Beauty At Its Best!
- Think You’re Moving Too Fast? Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Slow Down
- Flower Power: Floral Prints – Get the Look for Under $100!
- Brotherly Love: Celebrity ‘Bromances’ We Like To See
- I’m Sorry, But You Can’t Put Your Biological Clock on Snooze Forever
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Melanie Fiona talks GRAMMYs, Stank and her “MF” life