By now you know that Nick Cannon hasn’t been in the best of health recently. At the beginning of the year he and wife Mariah Carey were photographed in a hospital bed for what was originally diagnosed as mild kidney failure. Then after that doctors found blood clots in his lungs. Now the media personality has revealed a “lupus-like” autoimmune disease is the source behind the two health scares.
Cannon told People, “It’s a lot of stuff but it’s all in order now.”
Attempting to focus on his health, Cannon said he tries to get six hours of sleep and take it easy when he’s home.
“I feel blessed to be alive,” Cannon said. “If it wasn’t discovered, I don’t know [what would have happened].”
We wish him improving health and strength as he and his family deal with this issue.
More on Madame Noire!
- Canada Eh? 8 Celebrities We Didn’t Know Were Canadian
- Let Me Have My Shine!: How Jealousy Ruins Relationships
- Black Don’t Crack: Men Who Look Darn Good For Their Age
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Lil Kim Needs Some Friends
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Why Your Clothing, Your Man, Your Hair and Reality TV Don’t Define Black Women