Janet Jackson Tells Simon Cowell Thanks, But No Thanks to “X Factor” Gig
Darn! As much as we would have loved to see Janet sitting next to Simon and L.A. Reid (he hasn’t been fired yet, right?) on the show The X Factor, Jackson says a busy schedule and other commitments will not make her available for the reality TV singing competition.
Rumors have been flying for a few months now that Jackson had been contacted about the opportunity to fill either Paula Abdul or Nicole Scherzinger’s seats on the show, even though her camp says there were no meetings about it, this is what she had to say about it all in a statement to E! News: “[I’m] very flattered that ‘X Factor’ let me know that I was being considered for next season, but it just wouldn’t be possible.”
Word on the street, or according to E! News that is, is that Jackson is busy working on another Tyler Perry film (HERE we go…), as well as finishing up touring at this time. Therefore, Simon Cowell and his people are going to have to keep looking. While I’m a fan of Christina Aguilera on The Voice, I’m kind of glad Janet won’t be a judge on The X Factor, because when a star usually jumps at these kinds of opportunities, it can often signal that their actual career as performers is on the decline…just saying (am I lying?). Janet still has a good number of years to drop it low and pick it back up real fast before she needs to sit behind anybody’s table.
So who could be a replacement?
More on Madame Noire!
- Canada Eh? 8 Celebrities We Didn’t Know Were Canadian
- Let Me Have My Shine!: How Jealousy Ruins Relationships
- Black Don’t Crack: Men Who Look Darn Good For Their Age
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Lil Kim Needs Some Friends
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Why Your Clothing, Your Man, Your Hair and Reality TV Don’t Define Black Women