Mike Epps’ relationship with his daughter Bria is on the rocks after his appearance on the Wendy Williams Show a few days ago. Mike gave a shout out to his kids on the episode—well, two of them—and when Bria was left out she didn’t take it too lightly.
According to The Jasmine Brand, The 18-year-old expressed her anger to her father and threatened to air some family drama because of the incident and Mike wasn’t having it. A police report filed by Bria with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, states Mike threatened to:
“F*** her up” [and] “cause her and her mom and grandmother problems.”
TMZ says the drama over Wendy Williams really stems from arguments Mike and Bria were already having about money. Bria reportedly asked for a lump sum of cash to pay her college tuition and Mike refused, insisting on paying the school directly which his daughter wasn’t too fond of. So far, Mike’s camp hasn’t put out an official word on the situation. The only response we’ve seen from him is a tweet that says:
“It’s hard being a dad sometimes.”
Do you think Mike was wrong to say what he said or is his daughter being a spoiled brat?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Canada Eh? 8 Celebrities We Didn’t Know Were Canadian
- Let Me Have My Shine!: How Jealousy Ruins Relationships
- Black Don’t Crack: Men Who Look Darn Good For Their Age
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Lil Kim Needs Some Friends
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Why Your Clothing, Your Man, Your Hair and Reality TV Don’t Define Black Women