Keep Your Eye on Him: Ithaca New York’s 24 Year Old Mayor
Svante Myrick is just 24 years old but his age hasn’t stopped him from achieving. Myrick, who graduated from Cornell University, less than 3 years ago, is now serving as Ithaca, New York’s youngest mayor.
His story might sound familiar to us. Myrick is biracial, raised by a white mother, abandoned by his black father and raised partially by his grandparents.
Although his family struggled with homeless and poverty at times, Myrick claims he is not a self-made man.
Check out his inspiring story at theGrio.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: High School Sweethearts & Love Languages
- Divas in Training: Celebrities During Their High School Years
- Hold Up!: 7 Things You Should Stop Your Girlfriends From Doing
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Be Cool: 6 Signs You May Be Dealing With Anxiety Issues
- Tupac Comes to Broadway
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body