Ol’ Marty Mart is back. Last month we found out that CBS was toying around with two different scripts to bring Martin Lawrence back to prime time TV, and the network has officially given a pass to a new comedy project.
CBS scratched both of the initial ideas in favor of a pilot featuring Martin as a widowed father of two teens who loses his job as a construction worker and then attempts to enroll in the police academy at the seasoned age of 46. I wonder if Martin will dredge up a little bit of Otis the security guard from his ’90s show for this part.
Mike Lisbe and Nate Reger from “$#*! My Dad Says” will write and executive produce the untitled project so we can count on plenty of non-PC jokes, especially once Martin gets involved. Hope the pilot proves to be as funny as his show was back in the day.
What do you think about this plot, will it work?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: High School Sweethearts & Love Languages
- Divas in Training: Celebrities During Their High School Years
- Hold Up!: 7 Things You Should Stop Your Girlfriends From Doing
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Be Cool: 6 Signs You May Be Dealing With Anxiety Issues
- Tupac Comes to Broadway
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body