Tupac Comes to Broadway
From Black Voices
Good news for Tupac Shakur fans! The late hip-hop icon’s music will be featured in a new Broadway musical titled, “Holler If Ya Hear Me.”
According to Playbill, the Kenny Leon directed musical will begin casting in New York City on March 10 and are seeking African American Male and Female rappers between the ages of 18 – 35, in addition to one “Caucasian actor” between the ages 20 – 25 with a “strong facility for rap and terrific guitar skills.”
While Leon previously revealed to The Huffington Post that he has held small workshops with Shakur’s mother, Afeni, he also mentioned during an interview with PBS that he has always wanted to direct a production inspired by the rapper’s illustrious discography.
Get the rest of the story and out when you can expect to see this show at Black Voices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body