Fo’Real? Target Pulls Suspect Whitney Houston Card
I’m not sure how this card received a pass in the first place, but Target has apparently been carrying it long before Whitney Houston died. Now with the news of her passing, the retail chain has decided to yank the card from its shelves—rightfully so.
I’m not sure what occasion one would have for giving a card that reads, “Next time you think of dating the bad boy, consider Whitney Houston,” but Target feels the message is inappropriate now considering Whitney’s passing and fingers that have been pointed at Bobby Brown as the ultimate cause of her death. A rep for Target told TMZ:
“The card was in our stores prior to Ms. Houston’s death. As soon as this was brought to our attention, we began the process of removing the card from all applicable stores.”
I wonder if it will reappear once the hype around her death subsides.
What do you think about this card? Should they sell it at all or is fair game?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body