Picture “Glee” for adults. That’s the feel of a new musical comedy Beyonce is set to star in once she wraps “A Star is Born.”
Bey is just one of a few big names for the Sony Pictures movie “One Hit Wonders” which is designed to be a star vehicle for her, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg. Gwen, Reese, and Cameron will play three singers who each scored a top hit song in the ’90s before their careers went down the drain. The ladies then decide to form a super group—which is where I’m assuming Beyonce comes in—but there’s no official word on what her role will be just yet.
The idea for the flick apparently came out of a dinner Ryan Murphy, who will produce and direct the film, had at his home with Gwyneth, Reese, and Cameron who wanted to do something fun together. Ryan will bring on fellow “Glee” creators Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan for the project so that already gives you an idea of what to expect. It might be nice to see Beyonce take on a funny role though.
What do you think about the idea for this script? Would you check it out?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body