When we watched Iyanla Vanzant and Oprah reconcile on television last year we figured it was only a matter of time before O put Iyanla on. Well now the time has come.
Iyanla is getting much more than an appearance on Oprah’s “Life Class,” the author and spiritual life coach has landed her own self-help show on the network. The project has reportedly been in development for some time, but Iyanla just now released a statement on Facebook to express her appreciation for the opportunity to make the program, “Iyana Fix My Life,” a reality.
“..After much prayer and conscious consideration I am choosing to move forward with this project as my next step in service to the world. I am so humbled and grateful to have this opportunity to do what I love; on a network that gives me the freedom to be myself; working with people who value what I bring to the table; offering to the people I love (that would be you) a consistent dose of something I believe will facilitate and support the personal growth and spiritual evolution of individuals, families and communities. Enjoy as I share this part of the journey with you. I invite you to join me on OWN when the show airs later this year. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an idea of when that will be! Love, Iyanla”
There’s one more point for OWN’s diversity scorecard. Check out the sneak peak of Iyanla’s preparation for her pilot on her Facebook Page. Will you watch her new show?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body