Janell Hazelwood for Black Enterprise.com
On the Real Housewives of Atlanta, we’ve all seen the drama and antics of six women interacting both professionally and personally to make must-see TV. But Attorney Phaedra Parks is not your typical reality TV diva. She’s been managing law partner at The Parks Group, P.C., for a decade, and has represented the likes of Bobby Brown, Jermaine Dupri and Ludacris, among others.
The mother, entrepreneur, and litigator, was president of the Gate City Bar Association, and actively sits on boards for organizations including the American Bar Association and the University of Georgia. One can’t have all of this under her (designer) belt without knowing a thing — or three— about networking.
On the heels of last night’s episode, Black Enterprise.com caught up with Parks for her quick and dirty quips on making quality connections.
See what Phaedra says you need to know about making connections and getting that job at BlackEnterprise.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body