‘Maury’ Conflict Expert Gets Her Own Spinoff
People can’t stop asking who will be the next Oprah of daytime talk, and some think Trisha Goddard might actually be it. NBC just announced that the British television presenter will have her own nationally syndicated TV show in the US starting this October, under the one-name moniker, “Trisha.”
If you enjoy the endless slew of couples seeking paternity tests on ‘Maury’ then you may have seen Trisha before. She’s served as a guest host and conflict expert on the talk show, which earned her this spinoff opportunity. Luckily, the subject matter for her show won’t be the same. According to the Sidney Morning Herald, “Trisha” is set to feature the host helping “everyday people and their families navigate the tough issues they are struggling to overcome.” NBC Universal added that Trisha will use her “no-excuses mentality” to “teach people how to move forward and push through life’s obstacles”.
The new host will have stiff competition this fall. Her show is one of five new talk shows slated to start around the same time from well-known personalities in the business: Steve Harvey (NBC Universal), Katie Couric, ( Disney Television), Survivor host Jeff Probst (CBS), and Ricki Lake ( 20th Century Fox). Trisha says she’s up for the challenge, though.
“I am looking forward to sharing my unique female perspective as a wife and a mother, my life-experiences and professional training to connect with the daytime viewers.”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body