Exfoliation is a key step that many of us unfortunately skip. Women often don’t realize the quest for youthful looking skin begins with a weekly exfoliation of their skin. Not only does it rid the skin of dead skin cells, it promotes the production of new cells. Overtime, it will aid in clearing the scars left behind from acne marks. It is recommended that we exfoliate a minimum of once per week. I guarantee it will leave your skin feeling smoother, healthy, and most importantly, youthful. If you’re not sure where to start, read on for recommendations on the different types of exfoliators that work best with your skin type.
For dry skin, the best route is using an exfoliator designed for dry skin – doing this will help decrease the chances of causing further dryness.
fresh Sugar Face Polish: $55.00
ORIGINS Modern Friction 1.7 fl./oz.: $18.50
When it comes to oily skin, look for exfoliators with BHA, it will exfoliate the skin’s surface and inside the pores.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub: $4.00
CLINIQUE Exfoliating Scrub: $18.50
If you have combination skin, use exfoliators that help to balance your oily and dry skin, so that you aren’t left with a parched tight feeling on your face.
boscia Smoothing Facial Polish: $25.00
LUSH OCEAN SALT 4.2 oz: $19.95
Those with sensitive skin should avoid exfoliating products with a high concentration of glycolic acid. Opt for exfoliators designed specifically for your skin.
Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub Oil-Free: $7.00
CLARINS One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: $35.00
(Tips: Always remember to research products before purchasing. Also, remember to use the product on a small surface of your skin before using on your entire face.)
More on Madame Noire!
- Celebs Who Rode Their Famous Sibling’s Coattails to Success
- I Get it Now: Parental Wisdom That Took a Minute To Grasp
- No Child Left Behind: Can Having a Big Family Harm Your Children?
- Why I Question The Release of A Posthumous Aaliyah Album
- Getting To Happy: 7 Habits That Can Change Your Life
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: 6 Reasons Not to Go Back to Your Ex
- True Life: If I Could Say Anything to My First Love, I’d Say…
- Is The Black Standard of Beauty Giving You Low Self-Esteem?