Well isn’t she a sight to behold! This pretty young thing is none other than Puerto Rican beauty, Joan Smalls. Smalls is a pretty big deal considering she’s the first woman of color to cover Vogue Italia in four years. While this is definitely a side eye moment for Vogue Italia, (four years, really?) we’re certainly proud of Smalls’ accomplishments.
Photographed by Steven Miesel for his “Haute Mess” spread, you can catch Smalls on the March issue of the book.
Smalls tweeted about her cover saying:
OMG! Woke up this morning and saw this. Dreams do come true…
Are you feeling the cover?
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Setbacks: Distractions That Keep Us From Dating
- Keep It Short! Ladies Who Look Better With Short Hair Cuts
- Chris Brown: Can We Forgive and Forget?
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Pregnant Teen Paralyzed in Shooting Dies Months After Giving Birth to Baby Girl
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body