Did You Like Viola Davis’ Natural?
Viola Davis was ready to take home that Oscar last night. We just knew it. The fact that she showed up to the extravaganza wearing her own hair was testament to that. She was ready to make a huge statement and we were all ready for her speech. But alas, it didn’t happen. Nonetheless, we love and appreciate her bold and beautiful look for the night. What do you think? Did she rock it or should she have rocked a wig as usual?
Allison Samuels has a great piece in The Daily Beast called Why Viola Davis Ditched The Wig at The Oscars discussing how the actresses’ move provides insight on African-American hair politics.
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Setbacks: Distractions That Keep Us From Dating
- Keep It Short! Ladies Who Look Better With Short Hair Cuts
- Chris Brown: Can We Forgive and Forget?
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Pregnant Teen Paralyzed in Shooting Dies Months After Giving Birth to Baby Girl
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body