If you haven’t heard of Rita Ora, you might need to take first dibs on acting like you discovered her because she just might be the next big thing. A Roc Nation artist under Jigga himself, Ora has been making waves in the U.K. for a little while now, but today, the singer of Kosovo-Albanian descent and her boss, Jay-Z, went to Z100 to debut her new track, “Party and Bulls**t.” Paying homage to B.I.G., the singer serenades us over a Miley Cyrus-ish beat (“Party in the USA” anyone?) that definitely fits the Z100 pop heavy crowd. Folks are throwing her name around like she is being groomed to be the next Rihanna (especially since Jay-Z isn’t too happy about those remixes Rih-Rih did this week…), and the ladies do look a little similar (I see a little Bey in her as well physically). However, the song to me is just okay. I’ll let you decide if she’s the second coming of Rihanna or another one and done artist in the game. Check it out and share your thoughts below:
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands