Vintage Evening Eye Candy: Jim Kelly
Both an actor and a lauded martial artist, Jim Kelly (James M. Kelly) is kind of a big deal. If you’ve ever seen Enter the Dragon (which might be the coolest Bruce Lee film ever), Black Samurai or his famous Blaxploitation flick Black Belt Jones, then you’ve also seen his killer afro and heard him say the classic line, “Man, you come right out of a comic book.” Not only was Kelly cooler than a polar bear’s toenail, he was cute, and he could kick anybody’s a**. Now that’s a man, baby! Get to know more about Mr. Kelly in this gallery!
It’s never a bad thing to see a brotha with muscles flex! And yes, I can even overlook the patch of taco meat…
Black Belt Jones in the flesh! Literally.
When you see this afro and the small sideburns, you know you’re looking at Jim Kelly. He really came straight out of a comic book *smiles*
This brotha was kicking a** and taking names! One of my favorites!
I don’t think he could touch Ali, but then again, we ARE talking about Black Belt Jones here…
At the tender age of 65, you can actually catch him teaching as a professional tennis coach (he was a professional tennis player), going head to head with Lebron in commercials, and showing up at Comic-Con events. He’s still kicking a**, and still looking cute! Thoughts?
More on Madame Noire!
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Should We Boycott Nicki Minaj?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- Does the Academy of Motion Pictures Need Affirmative Action?
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Bey and Jay Show Their Love At Knicks-Nets Game
- Dear Evelyn, It Ain’t That Serious