Vintage Evening Eye Candy: Harry Belafonte
“The Banana Boat Song” singer, actor, and social activist, Harold George Bellanfanti, Jr., has done it all in his 84 years. He served in World War II in the Navy, received a Tony Award for his work on Broadway, performed with Miles Davis and Charlie Parker, became pals with Sidney Poitier and Martin Luther King, Jr., kissed Miss Piggy, and so on and so forth. The strong civil rights activist has also been known for his good looks throughout the years, and we can understand why. Check out our gallery of Mr. Belafonte and I’m sure you’ll understand to! (*wink*)
That Harry…always so pretty. The second photo is just beautiful!
LOL at the serious faces. We’ll call that Harry in deep thought…
DAY O! Daylight come and me wan go hoooooome. Sorry, I had to do it sometime.
Always the ladies man, check out Harry with Miss Piggy and the late Dorothy Dandridge.
People used to call him the “King of Calypso” for introducing the music form to a whole new audience.
Sidney Poitier, Belafonte and Charlton Heston.
And he’s still a stone cold fox at 84! Would you have been swooning back in the day?
More on Madame Noire!
- Fine Tune: Men Who Could Sing To Us Anyday!
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Dealing With Drama?: How To Know When It’s Time To Go
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- “Dust Yourself Off & Try Again”: Folks Who Should Find Something Else To Do
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Wild Thang: African Print-Inspired Fashions for Head to Toe
- Ooo Weee: Characters We’re Still Crushin’ On