People are known to get a little cranky when they’re hungry but Kanye took his divo status to new heights this weekend when he reportedly fired his driver for bringing him his lunch late.
In the midst of dropping rhymes and visualizing couture fashions for his clothing line during a recent stay in London, Kanye supposedly got a craving for Selfridges Food Hall lunch and sent his driver to fetch it. But when two hours passed between the time Kanye said he wanted something and the time he actually got it, the rapper reportedly became fed up and dismissed the driver upon his arrival. Well, he actually had someone else do the dirty work for him. According to an unnamed source:
“The driver left at 1pm and didn’t make it back until 3pm, when the head of security told him: ‘I’m sorry but I’m going to have to let you go. You took too long and Kanye got p—ed off. He was really hungry.”
The source added that Kanye must not know London suffers from horrendous traffic, but as MSN Now points out, this behavior sounds like typical Ye when it comes to his staff. Yeezy reportedly also recently added a clause to his employee contracts forbidding anyone working with him from wearing polyester. I wonder how many people will sign up to work for DONDA now?
Is Kanye too over the top for you or do you respect the demands celebrities are able to make?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Fine Tune: Men Who Could Sing To Us Anyday!
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Dealing With Drama?: How To Know When It’s Time To Go
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- “Dust Yourself Off & Try Again”: Folks Who Should Find Something Else To Do
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Wild Thang: African Print-Inspired Fashions for Head to Toe
- Ooo Weee: Characters We’re Still Crushin’ On