Maybelline’s Color Tattoo line has received rave reviews for it’s long-lasting, silky finish and vibrant color range. A number of makeup artist and YouTube gurus have compared them to MAC’s Holy Grail “Paint Pots”. These creamy eyeshadows can be worn alone for a glistening shimmery look, or can be paired with a powder eyeshadow to compliment and brighten your eyes. Maybelline boldly claims these creamy eyeshadows have a lasting power of 24 hours with no creasing, smudging, or fading… you be the judge!
I encourage you to play around with the colors to see which works best for you. Here is a helpful review of the color tattoos. Starting from the upper left and going across to the upper right:
Too Cool – Has a matte finish and because it is white, its best used as an eyeshadow base to brighten up any eyeshadow color.
Audacious Asphalt – Has a shimmery charcoal color. Can be worn alone or be used as an eyeshadow base for your dark eyeshadows.
Painted Purple – Has a matte finish with a slight shimmer. Can be worn alone but works best as an eyeshadow base.
Bad To The Bronze – A personal favorite! It has a very shimmery effect and looks great when worn alone.
Pomegranate Punk – Has a shimmery red-ish undertone and works best as an eyeshadow base but can be worn alone.
Tough as Taupe – Has a matte finish and works best as an eyeshadow base.
Bold Gold – Has a golden shimmer effect and looks great when worn alone.
Edgy Emerald – Has a slight shimmer effect and looks great when worn alone for a pop of color on your lids.
Tenacious Teal – Has a shimmery effect and is also great for a pop of color on your lids.
(Note: Eyeshadow bases come in a variety of colors and formulas. They help to brighten your eyeshadow color as well as help the eyeshadow stay on longer.)
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body