Looks like there will be big changes to both the US and the UK versions of Simon Cowell’s “X Factor” competitions. Simon already nexted half of the judging panel in America, and rumor has it he’ll be cutting Kelly Rowland in Europe next.
According to sources with the Daily Mail, Kelly “failed to connect with viewers” and “annoyed production staff with her diva attitude.”
“I’ve been told: ‘Kelly has got to go. She was not right for the show,’” the source said. “The producers didn’t like her and her commitment level wasn’t there. There’s an understanding she didn’t work on the panel.”
I’m sure Kelly won’t like that news, particularly with word that her rival, judge Tulisa Contostavlos, is almost certainly guaranteed to return for next season.
Meanwhile in the US, Janet Jackson sorta-kinda let it slip that she’ll be joining the “X Factor’s” judging panel. When Anderson Cooper asked about the rumor during the singer’s recent appearance on his show, her laughter pretty much gave it away. She said she’s not a judge on the show and when Anderson restated, “You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” Janet replied, “No, I am not but that’s all I really think I should say.”
Sounds like confirmation. What do you think about Janet joining the “X Factor?” Will she fit in well with Simon and L.A. Reid?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Severity Behind Every Street Holla
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Is Sex Addiction the Land Where All Cheating Lovers Go?
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- Dry Season: Seven Reasons to Consider Being Celibate
- What You Do And Don’t Need To Agree On In A Relationship
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Open Letter to Single Black Women